THEC64 Mini has 6 different keyboard mappings available for each of the following USB keyboards:
- US QWERTY
- UK QWERTY
- French AZERTY
- Italian QWERTY
- German QWERTZ
- Spanish QWERTY
These will be SYMBOLIC mappings, so to produce each symbol you press the keyboard keys that would produce that symbol on a modern PC. For example, to type an apostrophe (') you would press:
- The ' / " key on a US keyboard
- The ' / @ key on a UK keyboard
- The ' / 4 key on a French keyboard
- The ' / ? key on a Italian keyboard
- SHIFT and the # / ' key on a German keyboard
- The ' / ? key on a Spanish keyboard
Wheras on the original C64, the apostrophe was typed by pressed SHIFT and the 7 key.
Other functions are mapped to functionally similar keys on a modern keyboard. For example, the RUN/STOP key from the original C64 is mapped to Escape.
A full listing of all control mappings will be available soon on thec64.com.
The on-screen virtual keyboard supplied in the device firmware is independent of any physical keyboard mapping, and will allow the user to virtually press any of the original C64 keys.